Cats Are In 3D, Again
Character Animation Technologies Ltd. released the second version of CAT (Character Animation Toolkit) software, which is being used in many studios as a favorite. CAT2 reviews from animation studios show that the software is improved and developed on important key animation issues. Considering the main problems and demands, CAT2 includes features such as:
- F/IK™ – push your rig into the pose you want, irrespective of whether it is in IK or FK.
- Stretchy Bones Mode – Animate squash and stretch directly in the viewport.
- All Bones can now have Custom Geometry – Bake bone edits right into your rig.
- Extra Bones – Create for use as facial bones, weapon bones, belly bones etc.
- New Foot Pivot System – Animate the foot pivot in the viewport and rotate the foot.